Hey there lovely!
Please make sure you read below.
Businesses on the jamesdaisy database have applied via an application form. Although the application has been reviewed and approved, approval is based on no more than correct entry fields and is in no way an endorsement..
I will happily accept reviews and make decisions on the appearance of profiles accordingly. I have made my best efforts to make this a useful, reliable tool for you to use and I hope that with your feedback I can continue to make bigger and better.
Any questions regarding this I will be happy to answer.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The is online business directory database which is only available to JamesDaisy members.
- The profiles on both the app and the online directory are in NO WAY a formal endorsement of a business or person. You enter into any relationship directly and at your own risk.
- We do not allow (and will not approve) the inclusion of businesses in the following fields on either the desktop or Poppy app;-
- Drug & Alcohol
- Sex industry
- Any business that is illegal
- Multi level marketing
- We put you in touch with our network of businesses. We do not provide the services to you directly.
- If you engage a business, service or made use of an offer you find through jamesdaisy or the poppy appyou acknowledge that we are not a party to that engagement. It is between you and the business.
- Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold Jamesdaisy responsible for things the service providers, businesses or people do or don’t do.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered.
- We do not make any representations or warranties about the businesses on the jamesdaisy website or the poppy app
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind by a service provider which violates or infringes upon your rights or otherwise violates any applicable law.
- We may take technical and legal steps to keep users off the JamesDaisy website if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.
- However, whether we take any of these steps, we don’t accept any liability for monitoring the services provided by third-parties or for use of the services by others.
- Nothing in these terms excludes, restricts or modifies any rights or statutory guarantees that you may have under applicable laws that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, including any such rights or statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- We reserve the right to remove a business, profile or promotion on the app or online at anytime without notice.
The Policy sets out how Jamesdaisy Pty Ltd collects and processes Information about you, when you engage with us. For example, if you visit our website; use our apps on mobile phones; or access our social media where this Policy is posted. By continuing to engage with us, you consent to your Information being collected, processed and/or shared in accordance with this Policy.
- Information we collect
We collect two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information – this is any information that, by itself, identifies you or would easily enable someone to contact and/or identify you, such as your name, email address or phone number; and Non-Personally Identifiable Information – this refers to all other information about you that you may provide to us or that we may collect from you.
In this Policy, both kinds are known as “Information”.
You may actively give us Information about yourself when you create an account and become a Member (“Membership Account”) with us; respond to a customer survey; email us; or post on any of our social media in a public forum. In this Policy, these types of engagements with us are known as “Engagements”.
The Information that you provide may include, but not be limited to, your name, gender, date of birth, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address and payment information, and login and password.
Please note also that Information you disclose in public chat and similar forums is accessible by anyone, including third parties not bound by this Policy.
In any Engagements by you, we may also automatically collect the following Information even if you have not actively given it to us: your IP address, log-in information, location information (for example, via GPS or Wi-Fi), browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from one of our Engagements, products and/or content you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction, and in the case of our mobile Engagements, the other Engagements you have downloaded and how you use those Engagements. We collect Information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through cookies.
We acquire Information from other trusted sources (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, and social media), and from other Jamesdaisy Pty Ltd entities and affiliates, to update or supplement the Information you provided or we collected automatically. This includes Information from your social media account when you grant us access to your social media account in connection with, for example, creating a Membership Account with us. Where permitted by law, we may combine this Information we receive from other sources, and with Information you give to us or that we collect about you. If you have created a Membership Account on one of our Engagements, you can contact us to receive a copy of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you via your Membership Account and correct, amend, or delete Personally Identifiable Information that is inaccurate. You may also close your Membership Account altogether.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete Information via your Membership Account and keep it up to date. You may also update your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us through the contact details provided below. Please make sure to include your name, username, and post code in your initial correspondence; this helps us protect the details and preferences on your Account from unauthorised access.
- How we use, share and disclose your Information
We may use your Information for the purposes of enabling you to use our Engagements, enabling us to fulfil orders you make (such as for products, services or newsletters), to send you marketing materials, and provide personalised content and experiences.
We may also use the Information we collect to administer our Engagements for internal purposes, including troubleshooting purposes; optimise or improve our products, services, operations, and Engagements; as part of our effort to keep our Engagements safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; to communicate with you about your Account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Engagements or changes to our policies; to provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Engagements and on third-party sites and Engagements; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Engagements about goods or services that may interest you or them; and to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- User choice, including how to opt in or opt out from direct marketing
As noted above, we, and selected third parties with whom we share your Information, may use your Information for direct marketing purposes, including to provide updates, newsletters, events or other communications that we think may interest you. Where required by law, your prior consent will be obtained before we send direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe from electronic marketing materials. If you do not wish us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact us by way of the contact details provided below.
- Data Security and Retention
We apply appropriate security measures aimed at protecting your Personally Identifiable Information that is under our control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. We will notify you in compliance with applicable law regarding any data breach. Where you have a password that enables you to access our Engagements, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential. Please be advised that we may retain some personal information after you delete your Membership Account, for example if necessary to meet our legal obligations or for tax and accounting purposes.
- Use of Engagements by minors
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Engagements requiring the submission of Personally Identifiable Information are not intended for young children. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe he or she has disclosed Personally Identifiable Information to us please contact us by way of the contact details below. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 may review and request deletion of such child’s Personally Identifiable Information as well as prohibit the use of that Information.
- Online Tracking – Cookies and other technologies
- Changes to the Policy
This Policy was last updated in December 2018. A notice will be posted on our Engagements for 30 days whenever this Policy is changed in a material way. By continuing to use our Engagements you confirm your acceptance of the relevant changes.
- Complaints about privacy
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or this Policy, or you have any concerns about how your Information will be used, please contact us by way of the contact details provided below. We will respond to your complaint within 30 days. If our response does not satisfy you, you may apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Overseas disclosure
We do not anticipate that any Information is likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients in countries within which we do not operate.
Questions about this Policy
If you have a question or concern about this Policy or our handling of your Information, you can contact us by way of the contact details provided below.
Website Terms & Conditions
- Website Disclaimer:
- The website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, JamesDaisy does not warrant that this website will be constantly available.
- Copyright in the content on the website is exclusively owned by JamesDaisy. JamesDaisy grants each member a revocable licence to download and view content on its website for the personal, domestic or household use of members. Members must not use, copy or modify any content on the website for any other purpose.
- All online programs are done at members’ own risk. You need to assess whether a program is suitable for you, taking account of your own health and physical abilities. JamesDaisy bears no responsibility for any injuries that arise from partaking in any program made available under the membership.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require medical advice, see a doctor.
- JamesDaisy is not liable to you (whether under contract, tort or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website for any loss or damage, including loss or corruption of information or data.
- JamesDaisy reserves the right to modify content on the website from time to time, in its sole discretion.
- The use of this website is governed by these terms and conditions. The governing law is the law of South Australia.
- By using the JamesDaisy website, you agree that the conditions in this paragraph 5 are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.